Monday 3 June 2013

Crazy Day...

It’s been one of those days... A crazy-pull-your-turning-grey-hair-out-lay-on-your-desk-and-cry kind of day. But then a beautiful thing happens, that voice of reason (God) reminds you...it’s just a job. It’s just a day, in the grand scheme of things; it’s really nothing at all. It’s a day where you go home, sit down in front of the TV, and eat a freaking cupcake. Who cares?
Today I am grateful through all the crazy, that I have a well-paying job. It provides us money to be able to have a nice condo, a nice car and our bills are always paid. I’m grateful for our benefits, and holiday pay, and yes even though I make less than EVERYONE in my office, they are a very good group of people. They are people who can cheer me up on a day like this, who bring me tea in the morning on occasion, and sometimes I walk in to flowers on my desk for no particular reason other than doing all the crap work nobody else has time to do.
Funny how reminding yourself of the things you need to be grateful for as opposed to complaining about the things that annoy you, your mood lifts and you realize...hey, there’s only just over an hour left of being in this place anyways.
Today I am grateful for my job, the people I work with and the fact that at 4:32 every day, I get to go home to the man I love, without a work cell phone, and forget about this place until tomorrow morning where I wake up and do it all over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment