Thursday 30 May 2013

With You



Today I am thankful for the fact that it’s only one more sleep until my Love comes home from his work trip. He’s been in Kelowna for 11 days now. And tomorrow he will finally be home! Excited? Uhm...YES! I never in a million years imagined that love was like this. I’m sure everyone has a different definition, but love in my relationship is:

-getting to hang out with my best friend all the time

-having someone just on team me, with my best interests always at the core of his heart

-forehead kisses

-thank you’s, I love you’s, you look pretty today’s

-lazy days spent in bed and on the couch until whenever we feel like it (this will change in a few years time, so we enjoy it while we can)

-being excited about all the possibilities of the future

-the promise of having someone to spend the rest of my life with

-growing, learning and changing together

-conversations, when we sit down and really talk to each other. Grown up conversations, I really love that.

-playing along with Jeopardy, and slapping each other five when one of us gets the answer right

-hugs from him are just honestly, the best thing in the whole world...it’s like this big protective blanket around me

-who I am when I am with him, honest, happy, silly, sassy...all those parts of me I hid before, he makes me be  myself.

-feeling safe...my heart is his and that’s okay because I have no fears that he will break it

-dreaming of what our children will look like...he will be such an amazing father I have these visions of this big guy, snuggling this tiny little bundle...oh I get misty eyed thinking about it

-thinking back to the day we met, and suddenly life just made sense...cheesy? Maybe, but I speak the truth

-most of all, being with him has made me believe that love IS real, good guys DO exist, I am worth respect from men, and that dreams DO come true

Sometimes the craziness in life gets in the way, but taking a while to sit here and reflect I am just bursting with love for him. Taking time out to just sit and think of all the reasons he’s such an amazing part of my life I just know that God put our paths together. All those things I didn’t see in myself before, it took someone else seeing them to show me that they are there. Sure I still have insecurities, what woman doesn’t? But I do know this; he loves me for who I am. He sees me as his life partner, his future wife, the mother to his children. All of these are things I only thought other people had...but now I have them too. I thank God every day for the man he picked for me. A man I had prayed existed...the man I want to be with forever.

Love these lyrics, they describe how I'm feeling right now:

The real me is a southern girl with her Levis on and an open heart
Wish I could say the save the world, like I was super girl
The real me is to laugh all night lying in the grass just talking about love
But lately I've been jaded life got so complicated

I'm still thinking about it almost forgot what it was like
Do you know what it feels like?
'Cause with you
I can let my hair down
I can say anything crazy
I know you'll catch me right before I hit the ground
With nothing but a T-shirt on
I never felt so beautiful
Baby as I do now
Now that I'm with you
With you
Now that I'm with you

You speak and it's like a song
And just like that all my walls come down
It's like a private joke just meant for us to know
I relate to you naturally
Everybody else just fades away
Sometimes it's hard to breathe
Just knowing you found me
'Cause I'm still thinking about it almost forgot what it was like
Do you know what it feels like?
'Cause with you
I can let my hair down
I can say anything crazy
I know you'll catch me right before I hit the ground
With nothing but a T-shirt on
I never felt so beautiful
Baby as I do now
Now that I'm with you
With you

Come and take me
Love you save me
Like nobody else
Now I can be myself
With you

With you
I can let my hair down
I can say anything crazy
I know you'll catch me right before I hit the ground
With nothing but a T-shirt on
I never felt so beautiful
Baby as I do now (Baby as I do now)
Now that I'm with you

No comments:

Post a Comment