Sunday 7 July 2013

Beauty of our surroundings...



What a day we had yesterday. Took a little trip, to explore the beauty that surrounds us. How blessed we are to live in this paradise, Vancouver Island. As the waves rolled upon the shore of China Beach, I took a moment as my toes wiggled in the sand to thank God for blessing us with such beautiful surroundings. I leaned over to my love and said, “How lucky are we? How blessed are we to have this literally at our fingertips?” He agreed, and we basked in the sunshine and had a really relaxing afternoon. I packed us a picnic, but we stopped in at a little restaurant in Shirley, called aptly enough; Shirley Delicious. And delicious it was, the customer service was the best I’ve ever had! He remembered my hunny from the one and only time he’d stopped in while working in the area. We shared a toasted sammie and a cold brewed tea. Perfect way to start our afternoon.
Shirley Delicious Facebook Page

Nothing makes me feel more out of shape than that climb up and out of China Beach, but the heavy breathing and beads of sweat on my brow were so worth it. Just to be so connected with God’s beauty, it really is a treasure of this Island. We watched some surfers enjoying the waves, and had a little nap in the sun. It was one of my favorite days ever, not because anything really crazy happened...but the time I spent, in awe of God’s wonders, humbled me. It’s amazing just how much you can take in, when you remove the busy of everyday life. The wake, up, brush your teeth, work all day kind of busy. When you take a step away from the pavement and onto a sandy beach and appreciate just being alive.

Thank you God for blessing us with such beautiful surroundings. Thank you for blessing me with such a beautiful life.

No comments:

Post a Comment